US Citizenship through Birth (N-600)

US Citizenship through Birth (N-600)

The Certificate of Citizenship application N-600 is meant for a child born outside the United States to a biological or adoptive parent or parents that are U.S. citizens. This process takes approximately ten months but the exact processing time varies based on the speed of the USCIS office responsible for your application.

For those under 18, they are eligible to apply for Consular Report of Birth Abroad (CRBA) at a United States Consulate, which is less expensive and can be processed quicker depending on the United States Consulate appointment schedule.

In addition to other requirements such an application requires:

  • The applicant’s birth certificate or record
  • Evidence of the parent’s U.S. citizenship
  • The U.S. citizen parent’s birth certificate

If applicable, you may also be asked to provide:

  • Proof of either parent’s status as a U.S. national
  • Proof of required residence or physical presence in the United States for the U.S. citizen parent
  • The U.S. citizen parent’s marriage certificate
  • Proof of legitimation for children born out of wedlock
  • A copy of the full, final adoption decree (if relevant)


Request an Appointment



Business Hours

Monday to Friday
9:00 to 5:00 by appointment

Law Society of Ontario
The Oklahoma Bar Association
Sports Professional Association
Lead Counsel Rated
Best Business of 2021